There are lots of ways to support our work.
We are constantly seeking donations so that we can increase our capacity to advocate for children and young people. Please consider donating now.
We have a range of volunteering opportunities and are always immensely grateful for any offers of support. Find out more about how you can volunteer.
We also work with a wide variety of partners, from local authorities to NGOs to law firms. If you’re interested in discovering how we could work together, please explore our Partner section.
MiCLU relies on its funders and donations to continue its work with migrant and refugee children across the UK. If you support our vision and mission then please make a donation. All donations, no matter how small, will help go a huge way in transforming the lives of at-risk children and young people.
All donations come through our host charity, Islington Law Centre. It is a registered charity registered in England and Wales (no. 268468)
- Donate by BACS (please write MiCLU as your reference):
- Bank name: Lloyds
- Account name: Islington Law Centre
- Account number: 00738357
- Sort code: 30-94-21
- Donate by cheque: complete this form and send it with your donation to The Migrant & Refugee Children’s Legal Unit, Islington Law Centre, 38 Devonia Road, London N1 8 JH.
As a charity we depend on the support of volunteers—both those who are in the legal field, and individuals with other skills.
Universities and law firms: we run a number of different volunteering projects, including an e-volunteering project with law firms Allen & Overy, Mayer Brown, White & Case, Berwin Leighton Paisner, and a separate project with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer. We also work on volunteer projects with universities. If you are a university or law firm who would like to work with us, please contact email@example.com
Other volunteering opportunities: we are thrilled whenever anyone wants to give their time and skills to help us. However we are a small team without a dedicated volunteer manager. Our needs change regularly, so please check back to see if you could be a good fit. Or alternatively please fill in this form and we’ll contact you.
Current skills needed:
- Communications volunteer: we are looking for an experienced communications professional to support us share the work that we do. If you are a self-starter with bags of initiative, and if have experience running social media campaigns, drafting press releases, writing blogs and managing website content, we would love to hear from you.
- Fundraising volunteer: we need support both strategically and on the ground to develop a self-sustaining fundraising stream. If you know how to raise funds through writing grants proposals, running campaigns or approaching corporations and high-net worth individuals, please get in touch with us.
Can you do something we aren’t asking for? We’d love to hear from you. Please fill in this form.
We work with a range of partners—funders, pro bono supporters, as well as other legal and youth organisations, NGOs and local authorities who share our vision. We also provide expertise and support to a number of organisations as external consultants on a range of legal issues.
Please take a look at What we do and look at some of the specialist projects we have developed to date with partners and other organisations. If you think we might be able to support your work, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.