VACANCY: SUPERVISING SOLICITOR or SENIOR CASEWORKER with KIND UK programme at MiCLU
Supervising Senior Caseworker Accredited (LAW SOCIETY IALA)
Salary: £24,000 to £26,483 for 3 days per week (equivalent to £40,000 – £44,138 pa full time – depending on qualification and experience)
Closing date for applications: 5.00pm Monday 23rd October 2023 (applications to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interviews: The week commencing 30th October 2023
An exciting opportunity to be involved in the Kids in Need of Defense UK (KIND UK) programme at the Migrant and Refugee Children’s Legal Unit at Islington Law Centre.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic solicitor or senior casework supervisor with expertise in immigration and nationality law to supervise commercial lawyers in providing free legal advice and representation to children, young people and families with out-of-scope immigration and nationality cases.
The role offers a unique opportunity for the post-holder to:
- Work with a child-centred focus
- Build access to justice for those who are excluded
- Take a more strategic view while being supported to ensure high standards of care and good outcomes for vulnerable clients
- Network with different stakeholders and skillsets, gaining fresh perspectives
- Make a meaningful difference to undocumented children and their families
- Build greater understanding and respect for the specialism of legal aid
- Share their knowledge and experience through mentoring and training
- Work with a passionate and supportive team
Candidates should be accredited to Law Society IALA Supervising Senior Caseworker level and should have recent experience of making immigration, asylum and nationality applications, and some experience of litigation. You should also have commitment to upholding the human rights of asylum seekers, migrants, and refugees and a commitment to working with migrant children and young people within families.
If you would like to discuss potential flexibility around the hours or the number of days worked or about the role in general please contact us on: email@example.com
Download the application pack:
Equality monitoring form
Background information for applicants