There are lots of ways to support our work. Whether that’s through donating, volunteering, working for us or working with us, please scroll down for more information.
MiCLU relies on its funders and donations to continue its work with migrant and refugee children across the UK. All donations, no matter how small, will help go a huge way in transforming the lives of at-risk children and young people.
All donations come through our host charity, Islington Law Centre. It is a registered charity registered in England and Wales (no. 268468)
- Donate online through the Charities Aid Foundation:
- Donate by BACS (please write MiCLU as your reference):
- Bank name: Lloyds
- Account name: Islington Law Centre
- Account number: 00738357
- Sort code: 30-94-21
- Donate by cheque: complete this form and send it with your donation to The Migrant & Refugee Children’s Legal Unit, Islington Law Centre, 38 Devonia Road, London N1 8 JH
WORK WITH US
We don’t currently have any vacancies at MiCLU. Please check back again later.
As a charity we depend on the support of volunteers—both those who are in the legal field, and individuals with other skills.
Universities and law firms: we run a number of different volunteering projects, including with city law firms. If you are a law firm who would like to work with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Other volunteering opportunities: we are thrilled whenever anyone wants to give their time and skills to help us. However we are a small team without a dedicated volunteer manager. Our needs change regularly, so please check back to see if you could be a good fit. Or alternatively please fill in this form and we’ll contact you.
Current skills needed:
- Communications volunteer: we are looking for an experienced communications professional to support us share the work that we do. If you are a self-starter with bags of initiative, and if have experience running social media campaigns, drafting press releases, writing blogs and managing website content as well as an understanding of the NGO / human rights sector, we would love to hear from you.
- Fundraising volunteer: we need support both strategically and on the ground to develop a self-sustaining fundraising stream. If you know how to raise funds through writing grants proposals, running campaigns or approaching corporations and high-net worth individuals, please get in touch with us.
Can you do something we aren’t asking for but think we might need? We’d still love to hear from you. Please fill in this form.
We work with a range of partners—funders, pro bono supporters, as well as other legal and youth organisations, NGOs and local authorities who share our vision. We also provide expertise and support to a number of organisations as external consultants on a range of legal issues.
Please take a look at What we do and look at some of the specialist projects we have developed to date with partners and other organisations. If you think we might be able to support your work, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
If you would like to do something more to help improve outcomes for vulnerable young asylum seekers, please click on the below tabs to register your support.