We help organisations, lawyers and charities to understand the needs, rights and entitlements of migrant and refugee children, and to develop projects supporting advocacy for their needs. We do this in several ways:
- We give expert evidence at enquiries and in litigation proceedings conducted by others, we respond to government consultations, and we raise awareness of legal issues in the public interest.
- We align our legal casework with our policy work to identify key issues to test on matters of public importance and we engage in strategic litigation.
- We lead on and contribute to research on migrant and refugee children. See our Publications page for examples.
- We attempt to broaden understanding of these children, including the experiences that forced them out of their communities and drove them to come alone to the UK and the potential dangers that many of these children face upon return to their home country.
- We support the work of statutory and non-statutory agencies to design and develop child rights based services, early intervention initiatives and training and development.
- We look for opportunities and support young people to participate in influencing policy change and advocate for consultation processes to be made more accessible to young people.
- We provide technical and expert support and advice to UN and EU bodies, charities, academics, NGOs and statutory agencies nationally.
If you are looking for support and expertise in this area, please contact us on email@example.com.